Of flaring form, tapering to a flattened base, the body burnished.
Excavated near Abusir by J.E. Quibell, circa 1910 A.M. Lythgoe and H.W. Kent, acquired from the Egyptian Museum, Cairo (remains of an accession number in red paint on the underside) Sotheby's, New York, 30 May 1986, lot 56 Lord McAlpine of West Green Collection before 1989 English private collection, 1989 - 2019, acquired from the above 09 March 1989
For a similar form, see M. Page-Gasser, A. Wiese, Ägypten, Augenblicke der Ewigkeit, 1997, Basel, pp. 20-21, no. 2A.